Welcome to Bidadari Cliffside Estate, one of Bali’s most breathtaking 4-bedroom luxury villas perched on a cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean. Everything about Bidadari is stunning, from the deep blue infinity pool hovering over the sea to the exquisite modern furnishings and artwork, the outdoor Japanese soaking baths in each of the master suites and the custom-made inclinator to the romantic hidden cabana tucked into the cliff below. If you’re looking for the ultimate in luxury, atmosphere and incredible views, it’s hard to beat this astonishing retreat.
ABOUT VILLA BIDADARI CLIFFSIDE
As your chauffeured van drives you into the gates of Bidadari Cliffside Estate, you are immediately submersed in a tranquil garden of lush plants, peaceful Buddha statues and lotus ponds. The manager and villa staff greet you with smiles, and offer you cold towels and icy tropical welcome drinks. You walk towards the foyer and pass through a massive arch with vines hanging from either side and a beautiful reflecting pool with a unique glass angel statue in the middle of the walkway.
Inside, the spacious combined living and dining room is awash in plush couches and modern art, and one whole wall is made up of sliding glass doors that can open to allow amazing views of the ocean as far as the eye can see. From this vantage point you can also see the spectacular infinity pool, which looks as though it hovers over the edge of the sea. Head up the suspended steps to the master suites above, and take your pick of tastefully designed rooms, each of which has windows that open to the sounds of the crashing surf below and beautiful oversized outdoor bathtubs. Or, you can opt for the intimate and private cabana at the bottom of the cliff, just steps from the sand and sea.
Indoor Living - The main residence at Bidadari is a large open-concept space with white marble floors, comfortable sofas, locally produced modern furnishings and Asian-influenced artwork. The living area and dining room merge seamlessly into one and enjoy jaw-dropping views of the beautiful pool deck and the Indian Ocean stretching off into the horizon. Behind the dining room there is a fully-equipped modern kitchen with everything you need to prepare your own meals or plan unique menus. This is also where Ketut, the resident chef, will prepare mouthwatering meals in a range of culinary styles and offer private cooking classes on request. The first floor also features a gorgeous guest bedroom that looks out directly onto the lovely manicured gardens.
Guest Suites - In the foyer, a staircase seems to float over the reflecting pond, leading up to the upper floor. Here you will find two master bedrooms, the Veil Suite and the Livingston Suite. Each room features a neutral palette, and makes use of natural materials like stone and wood to create an ambiance that is classic and calming. Unique paintings and photographs adorn the walls, and both rooms open up onto massive wooden balconies that look out over the water. Storage space is no issue here, as there are huge walk-in closets in each room, and the attractive ensuite bathrooms are softly lit and richly decorated. But what really makes the rooms stand out are the spectacular outdoor bathing areas with massive Japanese tubs hewn out of stone, surrounded by lush greenery and bamboo walls for privacy. The first floor also features a gorgeous guest suite that looks out directly onto the lovely manicured gardens.
The Cabana - Take a ride in Bali’s only inclinator to the private Balinese-style cabana at the foot of the cliff. This ultra-romantic wood, glass and thatch suite is cozy, yet spacious, and sits just above the beach and the water. Outside there is a secluded balcony with a dining table and chairs for intimate breakfasts or dinners, and inside you’ll find rich wooden accents, modern furniture and plenty of opportunities to gaze over the water through the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom in this suite is a compelling mix of natural stone and modern fixtures.
Media Room - Between the two master bedrooms there is a media room and library that is perfect for whiling away the hours with a good book or a film from the DVD collection. The extensive book collection boasts a wide selection of books and magazines with a focus on the arts, culture and architecture of Bali. The massive sofa in this room is plush and inviting, and large enough to accommodate many people or double as an extra bed.
Gym - Follow a set of steps below the cabana, and you’ll reach the gym with its state-of-the-art equipment and sea views. The gym can be fully air-conditioned or open to the sea breezes. This space can also be used for yoga or meditation, and the villa staff can even arrange private yoga classes with internationally certified yoga instructors here.
Outdoor Living - Fronting the living and dining area, an 18-meter infinity pool seems to spill into the waves below, and an attractive ironwood deck boasts large daybed loungers for soaking up the sun by day and relaxing amid the cooling sea breezes by night. A large wooden bale juts out over the cliff in the corner of the deck, and doubles as a chill-out spot for relaxing between swims or a breezy outdoor dining area. This is the ideal spot to take in uninterrupted views of the sun setting over the ocean.
The staff at Bidadari Cliffside Estate have years of experience working in hospitality, so you can be sure that your stay here will be enjoyable and hassle-free. The staff consist of the villa manager, chef, villa attendants, pool maintenance crew, gardeners and security guards. Should you need anything at all during your stay, including special meals, excursions, yoga classes or cooking lessons, the staff here can arrange it for you on request. In addition, each of the bedrooms feature cable TVs, and Wi-Fi is accessible throughout the villa.
- Location: The Bukit, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia.
- Capacity: 8 Guests.
- Living areas: Large open living room with multiple seating areas, dining area, infinity pool and large pool bale, cabana terrace, entertainment room, fully equipped kitchen, gym, gardens.
- Guest suites: Villa Bidadari offers 3 spectacular ensuite bedrooms in the main residence. A 4th ensuite bedroom, a Balinese style luxury Cabana, is located beachfront on the bottom of the cliff, accessible by the private inclinator or steps.
- Pool: 18m infinity pool with adjoining bale.
- Staff: Villa manager, chef, villa attendants, security guards. Additional staff, including babysitters and masseuses, available on request (extra charges apply).
- Dining: Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Communication: WiFi internet access, landline for local calls, mobile phone coverage.
- Entertainment: Enjoy an extensive selection of books and magazines. Cable TV, DVD player and library.
- Children: Baby Cot & High Chair available.
- Spa: In-villa treatments selected can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
- Gym: The Gym Room is located in the lower level of the Balinese Cabana building and has expansive views of the Indian Ocean. It can be air conditioned or fully opened to the sea breezes and ocean scents.
- Additional: Barbecue, back-up generator, safety deposit boxes, professional massage bed.
- Transport: Car & Driver - (seating 6 passengers) up to 8 hours per day excluding petrol and driver's overtime.
- Property area: 3,177 sqm